Thursday 27 May 2010

Two

Been looking at The Poetry Library, Udderbelly and other poet's work this morning
and I find myself feeling intimidated. Other people's material seems to surpass mine, and I feel so far from the goal, in fact what is my goal?? This can only mean one thing, get the notebook out.

I think one of the best things you can do as a writer is keep on recording your ideas and thoughts - positive, negative, explicit, whatever. Many a time I've thought "I can't see it's dark, my iphone is going to hurt my eyes/this is too weird.. blah blah blah," and I haven't recorded an idea or sentence.

I don't know if anyone else out there has this dilemma, but if we are to grow as writers I think those half asleep, making -no-sense ideas are some of the best. The way a thought or image can grow into a poem or short story even, is such a rewarding process. I think this week I will write a few on here... stay attuned

L

No comments:

Post a Comment